-->

3.03.2012

The Girl Who Went to Tampa & Exploded

....Once upon a time, there was a little girl from WV, who decided to go to college in Tampa, FL. Shortly after she arrived, she lost lots of weight walking around campus, exercising in the gym, and eating healthy in the cafeteria. However, college classes and stress started to overcome her normally active lifestyle [and Spartan Club had some really good Chick-Fil-A]. And she made quite a few trips back home and had good old-fashioned home-cooked meals. The old weight she lost came back... then 10lbs more... then 10lbs more... until she realized in her senior year she'd gained over 50LBS in 4 years [gag me with a spoon!].

So that's my story. I came to school, got thinner, then suddenly lost the will to stay in shape or stop eating junk. Which is why I am now at the weight I'm at and why I'm doing this juicing diet. For those who don't know: Juicing is not drinking concentrate cranberry juice for a month [which could get you hospitalized btw]. Juicing is using a juicer to process fruits/veggies to make a juice. and it's pretty neat [time-consuming. and messy. and initially expensive. and good for you but scary to look at/smell].

So let's cut to the chase.
BEFORE:
This is me, my freshman year, when I thought I was overweight [sigh..]

AFTER:
Oh the overwhelming sadness...

Needs Photoshopped. Bad.

Need to get rid of the pudge; PS. that is a note to boost self-esteem in the corner "You are fierce"

Arm/Bra fat needs to go
 It took a lot for me to post these less than flattering photos on here, but I figured it would keep me in check when I feel like quitting this crazy juice diet and having a bacon double-cheeseburger from Checker's, with fries and a soda. So judge me if you like, but this took courage~


FAQS:
  1. What's up with the title of this blog? The title of this blog "Sugar, Spice, & a Mean Sashay" is a play on what little girls are made of. My thought process on the title was that sugar, spice and a mean sashay are what I'm made up of! Btw--Sashay is defined as [by freedictionary.com]: to strut or flounce in a showy manner. My mother always says "sashay!" whenever she sees me walking ahead of her [presumably because that's what my ample hips make me do], so I thought it'd be cute to include.
  2. Who are you? Okay, so that's not really a frequently asked question but whatever. My name is Teagan and I'm a Senior Psychology major at the University of Tampa. I'm a WV native and I'm in the process of doing a juicing diet for the next 30 days [starting 3/3/12] in order to get back in shape. I am also the girlfriend of an amazing man named Auson <3 [who may be mentioned later].
  3. Why did you start this blog? I mainly started this blog to document my descent into madness from lack of food juicing diet but I'll probably keep it going afterwards to just express myself and my everyday life.
  4. What do you plan to accomplish with your diet? Well, hopefully I'll be thin and super fabulous! Realistically, I want to lose about 30-40lbs [not just in a month, but overall] and tone up all over. I also want to banish my habits of eating processed foods and snacking on junk. Guess we'll see what happens!

**Okay, longest post known to man. I'm exhausted [I've been kind of tired since I started juicing this afternoon, which should fade in a few days] & my Mean Green juice has too much ginger in it [which has given it a fiery taste and a cut-grass smell that is far from intoxicating..] BUT I'm happy to be doing this. I just hope that you'll follow me on this roller-coaster journey to a more healthy lifestyle!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love it & You! I am so excited to follow your journey <3 best of luck T!

    ReplyDelete