-->

3.27.2012

See, what ha' happened wuz....

A girl got help from anotha girl today, on her life perspective. Yours truly had a "come to Jesus" moment tonight after meeting with a close friend [and an apparent avid reader!]. This girl [in the photo below] has been kicking serious tush lately and has lost major weight [not that this bishh needed it, but you know, whatever..] and I did one workout with her tonight and understood why. GIRL IS A FITNESS MACHINE! She gave me the ultimate "get your butt in gear" workout at 10PM at night [that I hadn't really planned on doing] AND knew all the lingo and reasoning behind each move and each muscle and... frankly-- this girl right here [AKA: Me] was impressed~

  
Photo from 2010-- we still look fab though!
So while she was telling me about another ab workout move [when I should have been paying more attention, naturally], I was thinking [and eventually said aloud] I exercise as a means to an end to get thin fast and she exercises and makes a complete lifestyle change to stay healthy and keep the weight off.. SOOoo, that was my "come to Jesus" [PS. is that phrase not hilarious??] moment right there. In order to be successful and STAY healthy, I can't expect instant, liposuction-like results immediately. Granted, quick weight loss does make you [or rather me] more motivated, but it may not last and I want this to be a life change and LAST. So, thank you for helping me realize this needs to be a total transformation of mind/body/lifestyle/and spirit, and I love you for helping me [in future workouts] and for being an awesome friend too!

PS. Juicing is almost over [1 week left basically] and I will not be doing it again. I have found during this struggle process, that it is more of a portion control issue for me and adding more fruits and veggies in replacement of sugary items and processed crap has helped me considerably. But I cannot live on juices and I cannot cut out all the things I grew up with and love [hello?! Bacon!!], therefore I just have to learn to give and take with my eating and counteract less than healthy items with a big dose of exercise! Here's to staying healthy and improving my lifestyle and losing more weight/inches!

PSS. Final photos for the juicing diet will come April 3rd at the end of it [it's a 1 pants sz and 5lbs weight loss thus far, but I haven't measured inches yet]. However, I will be keeping the blog and keeping you updated with my progress and my life :)

Stay tuned and have an awesome week <3

No comments:

Post a Comment